Wednesday 2 January 2013

Jan 1st: A lovely New Years Day walk


I started the day, and the new year, full of alcohol and regret:  Alcohol that was making a bid to come back out and regret fuelled by an argument fuelled by the alcohol.  All of which made me quite sad. Which also made me sad... this was new year's day, not a great start. But then I thought a few thoughts to myself. 1. I seem to remember feeling pretty much like that every new years day and seem to start my new year properly on Jan 2nd. 2. It's really just another day, and we've all had a few like that. And 3. shut up, stop moping, get up, drink some alka seltzer, make up from the row (always the best part) and get out there and enjoy it. The sun is shining.

So that's what I did.

I donned my Christmas jumper and out we went for a lovely walk, hand in hand, down to the river.

And suddenly it was more than just the weather with the sunny disposition.

So, today I had very many gratefuls.  I was grateful for the alka seltzer! I was grateful for a lovely evening spent with friends the night before; I was grateful that the rain rain had gone away and the sun had got his hat on at last; I was grateful that we live so close to the river, and for the river itself; I was grateful we are fit and healthy to be able to be able to enjoy a walk; and I was, am and always will be grateful to have such a lovely husband to share it with. Ok, so we had a row, but we got over it. Pobody's nerfect. Plus, he did most of the tidying up from last night while I lay on the sofa and groaned.

So today's happy snap sums up pretty much all of the above.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always grateful to hear your comments...